Day 13 - CDL Test Day - I PASSED. I took my CDL test today. I was the second one from my group of four to take the test. There are three parts to the test. You have to pass each part before you can move on to the next part. The first part is the pre-trip inspection, the second part is the backing test, which consists of three backing maneuvers and the third part is the road test. The examiner called my name at about 1000. He told me the computer had assigned me to pre-trip the engine, the coupling system, inside the cab and do an air brake check. If I passed the pre-trip, I would then move to the backing test. The computer assigned me to do back in a straight line, back into an off-set location and to parallel park. If I passed the backing test, I would then move to the road test, which consisted of taking a driving test through Green Cove Springs.
I went through the pre-trip inspection by naming everything I could see. The examiner took one point off for missing an item, which was the windshield. Dumb!!! I then moved to the backing test. I started out with backing in a straight line, this one was easy, I then moved to backing into an offset location. This one was more difficult. I had to pull up three times, you are allowed two free pull-ups, before I got the trailer in the box. I then moved to the parallel parking maneuver. Now you have to understand that during the last two weeks of backing practice, I had a very difficult time completing the parallel parking maneuver. When the examiner told me I had to parallel park, I told myself that I was going to nail it.......And I did. I parked the truck and trailer in the box with one pull-up. I then moved to the road test. We left the school grounds and went into downtown Green Cove Springs. We made a few turns and looped back to the school. We were out for about 45 minutes. Before we got back to the school the examiner asked me if I wanted the good news or bad news. I said good news, he told me I had passed the exam. He told me the bad news was that I was going to have to go to work. I told him that was good news also.
Day14 - I spent most of today standing around. I'd passed the most important test yesterday, and today I had to take the coupling and uncoupling test. My turn came around after lunch. It took me about 10 minutes to complete the exam. The examiner told me I had passed and then I had to stand around some more. It was a boring day. Tomorrow is graduation. Yea!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment