I received a call from the terminal manager at about 1100 to come into the terminal to get with my trainer. I got about three miles from the house and received a call on my cell phone from the terminal manager. He said the load had be rescheduled and for me to come in Tuesday morning at 0700. So I turned around and went back to the house. Boy, this sure beats sitting in a truck stop. I arrived at the terminal Tuesday morning at 0700, met my new trainer and he told me we were going to a stop in Jacksonville to get loaded and then take the load to a stop in Mulberry, Fl. We will then go to the terminal in Mulberry where we will pick up another tractor for me to drive back to Jacksonville. We arrived at the stop in Jacksonville at 0800 and did not leave until 1030. We drove to Mulberry, arriving at about 1500. It took the receiver four hours to unload the trailer. We left the receiver at 1900 and drove about five miles to our terminal in Mulberry where we picked up the tractor. We then drove about an hour and a half until our 14 hr clock ran out. We stopped for the night in Lake Mary, Fl. The company let me stay in a hotel since the tractor I was driving did not have a sleeper.
We left Lake Mary at 0800 and arrived back in Jacksonville at about 1030. We then hooked up to an empty trailer and drove to Brunswick, Ga. where they loaded the trailer. We then drove to a stop in Jacksonville, where they unload the trailer. We then drove back to the terminal to end our day at about 1700. My trainer had a doctors appt for Thursday, so the terminal manager placed me with the trainer I had last week. I spent Thursday and Friday driving back and forth between Jacksonville, Brunswick and Jesup, Ga. I am supposed to ride with yet another trainer Monday morning. I think next week will be my last week in training.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment