Sunday, March 22, 2009

Back Home for the Weekend


Yes, that says back home for the weekend. Not long after posting my last update, I received a call from my trainer. He called to tell me that I needed to meet him in Lakeland that night. He had been taken off the road and assigned to the Dollar General dedicated account and he needed to get to Alachua, Fl. as soon as possible. Dollar General has a distribution center in Alachua. After Lisa got off work, she drove me to Lakeland. My trainer picked me up at about 2100. We drove to Alachua and spent the night. At 0600 Friday we received a load to be delivered to two stores, one in Alachua and the other one in Gainesville, Fl. We went to the two stores and unloaded the merchandise and then returned to the distribution center. My trainer still needed to get home for the weekend, so dispatch was able to get us a load that will take him home. The first part of the trip took us to a store by the Orlando airport. I drove from Alachua to the store in Orlando. This was the most miles I have driven a truck to date. My trainer was heading home after stopping at a store on Merritt Island. He suggested that I have my wife pick me up, so I called Lisa and she drove to Orlando Friday afternoon to pick me up. I think Lisa drove more miles than I did this week. I am supposed to be back in Alachua by 1200 Tuesday, I can drive my car and leave it at the distribution center, because it looks like I will be coming home every weekend. The above image is the truck I am driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment