Thursday, March 12, 2009

Trucking Jobs

I'm sorry it has taken so long to update the blog. Not much has happened since graduation. I have applied at over 20 trucking companies and have received the same response from all of them. The companies are either not hiring drivers out of Florida or not hiring recent graduates or a combination of both. Werner has been the only company that has offered me a job. So, starting Monday 3/16, I will be attending orientation at Werner at their terminal location in Lakeland, FL. I am supposed to have two days of orientation, then have a trainer assigned to me and then go on the road for 150 hours. After I complete the 150 hours, I will come home for a week. When the week is over, I go back on the road with a trainer for another 150 hours. Once this 150 hours is complete, I will be assigned my truck. I hope it's that easy. I've read a number of bad things about Werner, but I figure, I'll work there for six months to a year to get experience, then look for a job at a better company. The better companies only hire experienced drivers. Well, that's it for now, I'll try to update this while I am on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment