I reported to the company terminal in Lakeland,FL. Monday morning at 0630 for orientation. Orientation started at 0700 with filing out the normal forms you fill out after being hired by a company. I was joined by 10 other new drivers at orientation. After completing the forms, we went through their policies and procedures. At 1630, we started taking some online safety courses. We all completed the courses and arrived back at the hotel at 2030, boy what a long day.
Tuesday was more of the same, going over company policies and procedures. At the end of the day, they told us to go back to the hotel and wait for our trainer with the truck to call us. This could happen as soon as tomorrow or a week from now. When I start with the trainer, I will be in the truck with the trainer for 175 driving hours. After 175 hours, I can either go home for a week or I can stay with the trainer for an additional 175 hours and complete my training. If I go home for a week, I will receive a new trainer when I return and then will compete the other 175 hours of training. I will receive my own truck after I complete the 350 hours of training.
So for now I wait...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment