Monday, August 24, 2009

August 10

This morning I got up at 0330, as I still have 80 miles to drive to my destination with a 0700 appointment time. I wanted to give myself enough time to get there in case I got lost along the way. (which happened). I left the truck stop at 0400. I arrived at the receiver at 0615 and went to the guard shack to check in. The guard told me I needed to go to their other warehouse about two block away and wait for my 0700 appt. time. There was nothing on my order that told me I needed to go to the other warehouse. I drove over to the other warehouse and lo and behold there were eight other trucks sitting in line waiting to get in, the gate was locked. The security guard opened the gate at 0700 and all the drivers went to the guard shack and stood in line. At 0815 it was finally my turn to check in. The guard gave me a dock number to back into and off I went to do my first solo back in. I backed into the dock with only two pull-ups. This is getting easier. They finished unloading my trailer at 0915 and off I went to Toana, Va. to pick up my next load. I have two stops on this load, one in Melbourne, Fl. and the last one in Stuart, Fl. I arrived in Toana, Va at 1030 and was told to back into a dock to get my trailer loaded. They took and extremely long time to load my trailer, I finally pulled out of the dock at 1530. I shut down for the night at the same truck stop I spent last night at in Emporia, Va.

No comments:

Post a Comment