Monday, August 24, 2009
August 13
Drove to the shipper this morning and found out it was at drop and hook. This is where I disconnect my current empty trailer and hook up to one that is already loaded. After hooking up to the new trailer, I went into the shipping office to get the bills and found out the trailer weighed 44,500 pounds. I knew I needed to go to a scale and have the load weighed to make sure I was less than 80,000lbs. I had to drive all the way to Ormand Beach before I found a scale. I drove on the scale and had them weigh my load, I then went inside to get the scale ticket and found out I weighed 79,400 lbs, just below the legal limit. I still had to slide the back axles of the trailer forward to take some of the weight off those axles and put more weight on my drive axles. I then proceed up I-95 to stop at the rest area by my house. I had called Lisa earlier to see if she could meet me at the rest area and we could go have lunch together which we did. I left the rest area after lunch and stopped for the night in Bowman, SC.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment